Choose a Custom and Accredited Marketing Program
60 Credit Hours (Major)
$305 per Credit
Request More Information
Complete this form to receive information about coursework, admissions, tuition, and more.
An Online Marketing Degree Designed for Your Success
Are you interested in fast-paced careers with competitive salaries and advancement opportunities? With the online Bachelor of Science in Marketing degree program from Southwest Minnesota State University, you can excel in a growing field with the niche skills that employers are seeking.
Take the next step toward achieving your goals by choosing from three career-focused areas of emphasis in digital marketing, general marketing, or sales.
Discover where an online marketing degree can take you.
- In-state tuition for all students
- Highly skilled faculty
- Areas of emphasis available in digital marketing, general marketing, and sales
Explore the Areas of Emphasis for the BS in Marketing
Our areas of emphasis allow you to tailor your online marketing degree with career-ready skills for diverse positions in this growing field.
2–4 Years | 9 of Credits
Explore the impact of social media in today’s dynamic marketplace and build skills that can be immediately applied in this fast-growing industry
- MKTG 451: Introduction to Digital Marketing
- MKTG 452: Social Media Marketing
- MKTG 453: Digital Marketing Analytics
2–4 Years | 9 of Credits
Enhance your creativity and learn to transform your ideas into effective marketing campaigns.
- MKTG 442: Creativity and Innovation
- MKTG 455: Mobile Marketing
- MKTG 481: Business Negotiation
2–4 Years | 9 of Credits
Learn to lead sales initiatives that support corporate objectives and apply marketing principles to entrepreneurial situations
- MKTG 421: Business-to-Business Marketing
- MKTG 431: Sales Management
- MKTG 461: Entrepreneurial Marketing
Marketing Degree Curriculum: Market Yourself with Niche Skills
The online Bachelor of Science in Marketing program includes 21 courses for 60 credit hours in the major. You’ll prepare for the marketing career you want by choosing an area of emphasis in digital marketing, general marketing, or sales, each designed to provide niche skills for today’s marketplace.
- MKTG 391: Consumer Behavior
- MKTG 471: International Marketing
- MKTG 491: Strategic Marketing Management
SMSU Admission Requirements
Start Date May 21, 2024 Summer Term 2024
Take the next step toward unlocking your professional potential by completing your application for the online BS in Marketing program today. Support is available from the SMSU enrollment team.
|Online Application Form
|$20 waivable fee*
|Send official high school transcripts. Transfer students must send transcripts from each institution attended
|2.5 minimum, 3.0 recommended
Additional information and requirements may be necessary for international students. Please contact our enrollment team to learn more.
It’s always the right time to invest in your education with SMSU. Contact an enrollment counselor by calling 1-800-201-2944 to get started today.Admissions Details
Tuition and Aid: Online BS in Marketing
Calculate your cost for attending SMSU Use our tuition calculator to help you estimate your total tuition costs.
Whether you’re applying for a college degree for the first time or picking back up where you left off in your education, SMSU’s tuition and aid packages can assist you. With scholarships available and competitive tuition, we can help make your degree program affordable. Are you ready to invest in your future?
|Cost per Credit Hour
|Total Credit Hours
|Total Estimated Cost**
|$42,388.80 – $42,916.80
|$52.64 per credit hour (Fall & Spring)
$48.24 per credit hour (Summer)
|The estimated tuition cost does not include factors like textbooks or other expenses
SMSU proudly welcomes active military and veteran students. We accept the GI Bill™ and VA education benefits. Learn more by contacting an enrollment counselor or by visiting our military benefits page.
Financial Aid Options & Support
Southwest Minnesota State University offers a variety of solutions to help you invest in your education. SMSU offers in-state tuition rates to all students, along with a variety of financial services, including military benefits, financial aid opportunities, and scholarships for qualifying applicants.
Take your next step in financing your education by completing your FAFSA today. Use SMSU’s school code: 002375Tuition Details
Where Will an Online Marketing Degree Take You?
Demand is high for marketers in today’s fast-growing marketplace. In fact, the Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that employers will post nearly 24,000 new marketing jobs for managers in this field from 2022 to 2032.1 The median annual wage for marketing managers in the metropolitan area that includes Minneapolis was a competitive $164,290 in May 2022.2 Take advantage of opportunities available in this field and earn your bachelor’s degree in marketing now with SMSU.
In-Demand Marketing Jobs in the U.S.
Marketing Manager $140,040 per year1
Public Relations Manager $129,430 per year3
Earning your bachelor’s degree in marketing online with SMSU allows you to join a supportive community of diverse students and expert industry leaders. By graduation, you’ll be prepared to thrive as a leader in marketing with a set of competitive skills.
What You’ll Learn
- Understand the role of marketing in today’s global society
- Apply marketing principles to contemporary issues
- Comprehend the strategic function of the various forms of promotion in the broader context of marketing
- Display a deep understanding of the role of entrepreneurial activities in generating future domestic growth
- Demonstrate the effectiveness of personal selling in accomplishing corporate revenue objectives
- Apply marketing research fundamentals to current situations being experienced in the marketplace by various business entities
Meet Our Faculty
SMSU employs a faculty of experts who are top-skilled in their fields. Our educators are fully committed to providing each student with personalized and thoughtful instruction to help you succeed academically and professionally.
Faculty Spotlight: Dr. Marta Almeyda-Ibañez
Dr. Marta Almeyda-Ibañez is a versatile, resourceful leader and strategist with vast experience and success in the private sector and academia. She demonstrates extensive experience in marketing research, brand management, and strategic planning.
Her experience in brand management and as a marketing researcher gives her a better understanding of client needs. She takes a hands-on approach to management strategy and has more than 25 years of experience teaching marketing at the graduate and undergraduate levels. Fluent in both English and Spanish, Dr. Almeyda-Ibañez is interested in destination branding, consumer insights, entrepreneurship, and innovation.
Learn Online with Southwest Minnesota State University
Whether you’re enrolling in a degree program for the first time or completing a degree you previously started, learning online with SMSU provides the flexibility you need to be successful. Our online programs offer the same rigorous curriculum delivered on campus, plus the convenience of studying on your schedule from the location of your choice.Discover SMSU Online
Sources and Disclaimers
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. “Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Managers.” Retrieved Oct. 3, 2023, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/advertising-promotions-and-marketing-managers.htm.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Employment and Wage Statistics. “May 2022 Metropolitan and Nonmetropolitan Area Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates: Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MN-WI.” Retrieved Nov. 1, 2023, from https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes_33460.htm.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. “Public Relations and Fundraising Managers.” Retrieved Oct. 3, 2023, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/public-relations-managers.htm.
*Contact our enrollment team for more details!
**Tuition costs and fees will vary based on semesters of enrollment and number of transfer credits accepted. Contact our enrollment team to learn more.